Ellen J. Wyatt, 76, of Vincennes, assed away on Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017 at Gentle Care Nursing Center with her family at her bedside. Arrangements are pending at Duesterberg-Fredrick Funeral Home.
Askren, Dorothy J., died Oct. 12. Services: 2 p.m. CDT today at Emmons-Macey & Steffey Funeral Home in Lawrenceville, Illinois. Burial: Cresthaven Memorial Park. Condolences: www.emmonsmaceysteffey.com.
Burrell, Bertha Jane, died Oct. 14. Services: 1 p.m. CDT on Thursday at Glasser Funeral Home in Bridgeport, Illinois. Burial: Bridgeport Township Cemetery. Condolences: www.glasserfh.com.
Cook, Michael Robert, died Aug. 12. Services: 1:30 p.m. on Saturday at Memorial Park Cemetery. Condolences: www.fredrickandson.com.
Crouch, Helen Waggoner, died Oct. 13. Services: 1 p.m. CDT on Thursday at the Cunningham Funeral Home in Bridgeport, Illinois. Burial: Bridgeport City Cemetery. Visitation: 6-8 p.m. CDT today and noon CDT until the hour of services on Thursday at the funeral home. Condolences: www.cunninghamfuneralhomes.com.
Lee, Donald G., died Oct. 16. Services: 2 p.m. on Thursday at Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation: 1:30 p.m. until the hour of services on Thursday at the cemetery. Condolences: www.goodwinfamilyfh.com.
Lutkemeier, Carl E., died Oct. 6. Services: 1 p.m. on Thursday at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial: Memorial Park Cemetery Tower II Mausoleum. Visitation: 11 a.m. until the hour of services on Thursday at the funeral home. Memorials: St. John United Church of Christ or the Independence Fund (which provides mobility equipment for veterans). Condolences:www.goodwinfamilyfh.com.
McNew, Virginia Lou, died Oct. 14. Services: 1 p.m. today at Fredrick and Son McClure-Utt Funeral Home Vincennes Chapel, 313 Church St. Burial: Pleasant Ridge Cemetery in Petersburg. Visitation: noon until the hour of services today at the funeral home. Condolences: www.fredrickandson.com.
Morris, Willard Allan Rodgers, died Oct. 14. Services: 11 a.m. on Thursday at St. James Episcopal Church. Burial: Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation: 9 a.m. until the hour of services on Thursday at the church. Memorials: St. James Episcopal Church. Condolences: www.goodwinfamilyfh.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, grandparents and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents’ names, wedding date and spouse’s maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as “John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.”).
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality.
All obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Saturday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day; deadline for Sunday editions is 3 p.m. Eastern time on Saturday.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at email@example.com.