Linda L. Kidwell
Linda L. Kidwell
Linda L. Kidwell, 80, of Vincennes, passed away at 5:35 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 6, 2018 at Gentle Care Nursing Home.
She was born Jan. 11, 1938 in Martin County to Michal Eugene and Mary Genevieve (Greenwell) Bullock. Linda was a homemaker and retired from Loogootee Textile after 20 years. She was a member of the St. Francis Xavier Catholic Parish and was a 1956 graduate of St. John’s Catholic School in Loogootee.
Surviving are her husband of 59 years, Jim Kidwell, whom she married on Jan. 11, 1959; her children, Carolyn Downen and her husband, Tony, of Vincennes and Ed Kidwell of Loogootee; her siblings, Rita Giesler of Lafayette, Martha Fitzmaurice and her husband, Glen, and Cathy Corbin and her husband, Butch, both of Lafayette; a sister-in-law, Mary Jane Bullock of Lafayette; her grandchildren, Nicholas Kidwell, Amanda Campbell, Katie Kidwell all of Loogootee, and Jennifer Daily of Vincennes; and her great-grandchildren, Landon Campbell, Lincoln Campbell, and Kylee Ann Arvin, great grandma’s little buddy and redhead watermelon queen.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her siblings, Jerry Bullock, Tom Bullock, and Joyce Smith.
Per her wishes she will be cremated, and graveside services will be held at a later date. Memorial contributions may be made to the Good Samaritan Hospice of Vincennes. Goodwin Funeral Home is honored to care for the family of Linda L. Kidwell.
Kull, Alten L., died Aug. 5. Services: 11 a.m. CDT on Friday at the First Presbyterian Church in Lawrenceville, Illinois. Burial: Lawrenceville City Cemetery. Visitation: 5-7 p.m. CDT on Thursday at the church. Memorials: Lawrenceville Rotary Scholarship Fund, Fish & Loaves, or the East Lawrence Academic Foundation. Condolences: www.emmonsmaceysteffey.com.
Peet, Mitzie G., died Aug. 2. Services: 1 p.m. on Friday at Second Baptist Church, 1208 Seminary St. Burial: Fairview Cemetery. Visitation: noon until the hour of services on Friday at the church.
Toole, Barbara A., died Aug. 4. Services: 2 p.m. on Thursday at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial: Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation: noon until the hour of services on Thursday at the funeral home. Memorials: Good Samaritan Hospice.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, grandparents and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents’ names, wedding date and spouse’s maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as “John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.”).
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality.
All obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Saturday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day; deadline for Sunday editions is 3 p.m. Eastern time on Saturday. Submit obituaries at email@example.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.