Leroy Freeman, Evelyn Shelton
Leroy Freeman, 82, of Bridgeport, Illinois, died on Friday, March 15, 2019.
He was a teacher and member of the Shiloh Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife, Carol (Schafer) Freeman; five children, Tim Freeman, Lorre Freeman, Michael Freeman, David Freeman and Shannon Weiss.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. CDT on Wednesday at Shiloh Baptist Church. Burial will take place in Bridgeport City Cemetery. Visitation will be 5-7 p.m. CDY today at Cunningham Funeral Home. Memorial contributions can be made to Carmi Baptist Children’s Home directly or through the funeral home.
Online condolences may be made at www.cunninghamfuneralhomes.com.
Evelyn “Eloise” Shelton, 95, of Vincennes, passed away at 2:48 p.m. on Sunday, March 17, 2019 at GentleCare of Vincennes.
She was born on Sept. 30, 1923 in Knox County to William and Mary (Fidler) Morrison. Evelyn had worked in food services for Junod’s Nursing Home, Vincennes University, and theLodge of the Wabash. A member of the Community United Methodist Church, she enjoyed going to yard sales, playing bingo, and traveling.
Surviving are her children, Marsha Kreilein and her husband, Glen, of Vincennes, and Pauline Grove and her husband, Sebastian “Bab” Grove, of Vincennes; her grandson, Greg Alan Kreilein; and two great-grandchildren, Logan and Morgan Kreilein.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Dorward Shelton, whom she married on Dec. 3, 1944; an infant daughter; and two brothers, William Morrison Jr. and Paul Morrison.
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. on Wednesday at Gardner-Brockman Funeral Home, 505 Main St., with Ray Tromley officiating. Burial will be in the Memorial Park Cemetery. Gardner-Brockman Funeral Home is honored to serve the family of Evelyn Shelton.
Carl Hartsburg, formerly of Wheatland, passed away on Sunday, March 17, 2019, at BridgePointe Health Campus. Arrangements are pending at Goodwin Funeral Home.
Flummerfelt, Joseph, died March 1. Services: 11 a.m. on May 3 at St Paul’s Episcopal Church in Indianapolis. Memorials: University of Illinois School of Music Advancement, 1114 W. Nevada St., Urbana, IL 61801 for “Joseph R Flummerfelt Graduate Choral Music Fund,” or DePauw University, Robert G. Bottoms Alumni and Development Center, 201 E Seminary St., Greencastle, IN 46135, for the “Joseph Flummerfelt Endowed Music Scholarship.”
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at email@example.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.