John Waters, 87, of Franklin and formerly of Vincennes, died on Thursday, Oct. 5, 2017 at the Indiana Masonic Home in Franklin.
A memorial gathering will take place later this fall in Vincennes. Arrangements are being handled by Swartz Family Community Mortuary and Memorial Center in Franklin.
Online condolences may be made at www.swartzmortuary.com.
Meurer, Donald Duane, died Oct. 10. Services: 10 a.m. on Oct. 16 at Parkview Christian Church in Plainville. Burial: Sugarland Memory Gardens in Washington. Visitation: 4-8 p.m. on Sunday at Meng Family Funeral Home in Odon, 9 a.m. until the hour of services on Oct. 16 at the church. Memorials: Travis Burkhart Foundation or the North Knox Athletic Department. Condolences: www.mengfuneralhome.com.
Stinson, Barbara J., died Oct. 7. Services: 10 a.m. on Saturday at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial: Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation: 4-8 p.m. on Friday at the funeral home. Memorials: St. Francis Hospital Foundation, 8111 S. Emerson Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46237-8601. Condolences: www.goodwinfamilyfh.com.
Ward, Steven C., died Oct. 8. Services: 10 a.m. today at Fredrick and Son McClure-Utt Funeral Home Bicknell Chapel. Memorials: to McClure-Utt Funeral Home to help defray funeral expenses. Condolences: www.fredrickandson.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, grandparents and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents’ names, wedding date and spouse’s maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as “John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.”).
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality.
All obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Saturday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day; deadline for Sunday editions is 3 p.m. Eastern time on Saturday.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at email@example.com.