Margaret L. Catt
Margaret L. Catt
Margaret L. Catt, 98, of Vincennes, passed away peacefully on Friday, Sept. 7, 2018.
Born Oct. 9, 1919, she was the daughter of Ben and Nellie Fraumann. Margaret was a graduate of Decker High School and the Indiana Business College. She married Paul L. Catt on Aug. 31, 1947. They were married for 62 years. Margaret enjoyed working at several loan offices in both Bloomington and Vincennes. For many years she volunteered at Good Samaritan Hospital. As a longstanding member of First United Methodist Church she contributed as a member of the Home Builders Sunday School Class. Margaret valued her years as a member of the Meadowlark Home Economic Club and the Vincennes Garden Club.
Margaret spent her life serving her God and her family. She was a loving wife, a kind and wise mother, a doting grandmother and great-grandmother, and a true friend.
The Catt family thanks all who called, visited, and prayed for Margaret.
Margaret is survived by her sons, Steve Catt and his wife, Jan, of Vincennes, and Doug Catt and his wife, Mary, of Danville; her grandchildren, Ben Catt and his wife, Christy, Betsy Snyder and her husband, Andy, and Stacey Cooper; her great-grandchildren, Logan, Amanda, Clara, Ophelia, Isabelle, Cecilia and Charlie.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Paul; and her siblings, Dorothy Williams and Ken Fraumann.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. on Tuesday at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation will be 11 a.m. until the hour of services on Tuesday at the funeral home. Memorial contributions may be made to the First United Methodist Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.gooodwinfamilyfh.com
DeLisle, Kathryn A., died Sept. 3. Services: 11 a.m. on Saturday at St. Vincent dePaul Catholic Church, 1837 S. Hart Street Road. Visitation: 9:30 a.m. until the hour of services on Saturday at the church. Memorials: Good Samaritan Hospice or the Vincennes Housing Authority Foundation. Condolences: www.fredrickandson.com.
Dunlap, James Barton, died Aug. 23. Services: 5 p.m. on Friday at First Methodist Church. Visitation: 3-5 p.m. on Friday at the church. Memorials: Honor Flight of Southern Indiana for Veterans, P.O. Box 8324, Evansville, IN 47716. Condolences: www.browningfuneral.com.
Nash, Tom, died Sept. 6 Services: 10 a.m. CDT 0n Monday at the Cunningham-Young Funeral Home in Lawrenceville, Illinois. Burial: Fairview Cemetery in Vincennes. Visitation: 5-7 p.m. CDT today at the funeral home. Memorials: Carmi Baptist Children’s Home or to the Bridgeport Senior Citizens. Condolences: www.cunninghamfuneralhomes.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, grandparents and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality.
All obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Saturday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day; deadline for Sunday editions is 3 p.m. Eastern time on Saturday. Submit obituaries at email@example.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.