The 28th Annual YMCA/Memering Motorplex Celebrity Scholarship Golf Outing has been rescheduled for July 29! Over the years this charity event has helped thousands of kids learn to grow and thrive at the YMCA of Vincennes through memberships and other programs. Your involvement helps provide more opportunities to the children of Knox County.
DATE: Wednesday, July 29
WHERE: Country Club of Old Vincennes
TIME: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
FEES: $495 per team of 5, $99 per individual
Please visit our website at: https://vincennesymca.org/ymca-memering-motorplex-celebrity-scholarship-golf-outing/
Sponsorships and door prizes welcome! Please contact Rebecca Richardville at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temporary New Facility Hours:
Facility hours will be on limited days and hours as we learn how to operate with the new mandates and guidelines set in place.
Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Members only for individual workouts age 16 and older.
* No guests or reciprocity check-ins from other Ys temporarily.
STARTING JUNE 15 NEW HOURS AND PROGRAMS!
Members Only still allowed in the building through the end of June.
Updated Facility Hours starting on June 15:
Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturdays from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Group Exercise Classes will start by booking through our new YMCA member App or appointments through our Wellness Coordinator Amanda Smith at: email@example.com.
* Open to all members 16 years or older
* Members under 16 must have a parent/adult age of 18 or older that are also members accompany them.
* Child Watch will be available Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to noon and 4:30-7 p.m., and Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon.
* Family Swim Times will be available by appointment only with Aquatics Director Tiffany Petts at firstname.lastname@example.org. (More details TBA)
* Pickleball will be open play, Monday through Fridays, in Gym 2, from 9-11 a.m.
Summer Camp Starts June 15! Welcome Back!
The Good Samaritan Community Get Fit Challenge Final Weigh-in has been rescheduled! The YMCA will be hosting the final weigh-in for the Good Samaritan get fit challenge on June 20. We will be holding the event outside in the Ronald G. Brown Shelter House, located across the street at Camp Green.
Check in Times as followed:
8-9 a.m. is for those with a last name that begins with A-G.
9-10 a.m. is for those with a last name that begins with H-M.
10-11 a.m. is for those with a last name that begins with M-Z.
The YMCA Annual Fish Fry Fundraiser is Scheduled for Aug. 28.
GENERAL FACILITY GUIDELINES
1. Vulnerable Employees and Members — Those 65 and over and individuals with identified high-risk medical conditions are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus. This vulnerable population is STRONGLY encouraged to stay at home.
2. Active encouragement of regular hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, particularly at key times. Hand sanitizer of at least 60% alcohol will be available if soap and water are not available. Signs will be located in all restrooms and throughout the facility.
3. Sick individuals will be actively encouraged to stay home.
4. Health assessments and temperature screenings will be used and enforced for all employees and members before entry to the YMCA of Vincennes. Use of social distancing and/or physical barriers will be used to protect individuals conducting the screening. (See Modifications to our Facility programs and services)
5. Health Screening Forms will be signed by members and employees after health assessment and entry to our facility. Forms will be kept on file.
6. Staff will wear face coverings (e.g. masks, scarfs, surgical masks)
7. 6-foot social distancing will be maintained throughout the entire building. (Signage will be located throughout the YMCA of Vincennes)
8. All water fountains will be closed. Guests will be encouraged to bring their own drinks and towels.
9. Facility Plans for Positive COVID-19 Cases — The YMCA of Vincennes will comply with our local health department and follow CDC guidelines to monitor COVID-19 cases and deep clean our facility.