The following information comes from reports provided by the Vincennes Police Department, the Vincennes Fire Department, the Knox County Sheriff’s Department, the Lawrence County, Illinois, Sheriff’s Department, the Washington City Police Department or the Daviess County Sheriff’s Department as well as The Associated Press. Charges not involving warrants are preliminary and may be changed before formal filing by a prosecutor.
Knox County police bust meth dealing ring
Knox County Sheriff Doug Vantlin said his deputies, assisted by the Knox County Probation Department, on Wednesday arrested five individuals following an investigation into the dealing crystal methamphetamine.
Deputies recovered crystal meth, marijuana and cocaine as well as other items used in the selling of illegal substance. Approximately 33 grams of meth was located and seized as a result of the investigation, which took place at a hotel on the “north side of Vincennes,” according to a press release issued by the sheriff.
Arrested were Charles Clayton Scearcy, 33, Fowler, for contempt of court, maintaining a common nuisance, possession of meth, dealing in meth, possession of cocaine or narcotic drug; Ashley Nacole Harper, 35,for dealing in meth, maintaining a common nuisance, probation violation; William Darrell Hamilton, 33, Oaktown, for visiting a common nuisance, dealing in meth; Jeffery Shane Metz, 43, Lawrenceville, Illinois, for visiting a common nuisance, possession of meth, possession of marijuana; and Jeremie Dean Cummins, 45, Lawrenceville, Illinois, for visiting a common nuisance
• Tanner John Bezy, 26, Vincennes, possession of meth, possession of marijuana, possession of a syringe, probation violation
• Allyson B. Catt, 20, Bicknell, possession of a schedule I-IV controlled substance, possession of a syringe, possession of marijuana
• Gary James Clymer Jr., 42, Oaktown, theft, failure to appear
• Kevin Thomas Oliver, 58, Vincennes, probation violation
• Timothy Clark, 29, Washington, receiving stolen auto parts
• Gary Joe Bilskie Jr., 47, Vincennes, domestic battery, resisting law enforcement, probation violation
• Eric Rumble, 44, Vincennes, criminal trespass
• Candida Marie Richie, 39, Vincennes, check deception