The following information comes from reports provided by the Vincennes Police Department, the Vincennes Fire Department, the Knox County Sheriff’s Department, the Lawrence County, Illinois, Sheriff’s Department, the Washington City Police Department or the Daviess County Sheriff’s Department as well as The Associated Press. Charges not involving warrants are preliminary and may be changed before formal filing by a prosecutor.
Possible child abduction reported at park
Knox County authorities are investigating a possible child abduction at Ouabache Trails Park on Easter Sunday.
Officers with the Knox County Sheriff’s Department said they responded to the park about 3:20 p.m. after an 11-year-old said she was playing on equipment near the administration building when she was approached by a white male wearing all black and a black mask.
The child was able to free herself from his grasp and run for help.
Knox County police are investigating the incident and are encouraging all area residents to remain vigilant.
Knox County Arrests
• Jeffrey Scott Morris, 52, of Vincennes, unlawful use of E911 service
• John Scott Fry, 27, of Vincennes, battery with a deadly weapon; criminal confinement; dealing in illegal drugs
• Gilbert Murdick, 40, of Punta Gorda, Florida, sexual misconduct with a minor
• Allyson Pauline Earles, 25, of Vincennes, failure to appear
• Eric David Evans, 36, of Vincennes, possession of methamphetamine; possession of paraphernalia; probation violation; failure to appear
• Justin Todd Goings, 41, of Vincennes, operating a vehicle while intoxicated
• Jess Wayne Cummings, 28, of Vincennes, drug court violation
• Antonio Cortez Hernandez, 21, of Vincennes, escape from lawful detention
• Levaar Donte Moore, 41, of Vincennes, possession of marijuana
• Austin Lee Greentree, 19, of Vincennes, carrying a handgun without a license; reckless driving