The following information comes from reports provided by the Vincennes Police Department, the Vincennes Fire Department, the Knox County Sheriff’s Department, the Lawrence County, Illinois, Sheriff’s Department, the Washington City Police Department or the Daviess County Sheriff’s Department as well as The Associated Press. Charges not involving warrants are preliminary and may be changed before formal filing by a prosecutor.
Jail officer charged with sexually assaulting woman
VINCENNES (AP) — A correctional officer has been arrested after a female inmate he was transporting accused him of assaulting her.
Malyk Jawaun Johnson, 23, of Montgomery was charged Wednesday with sexual battery, official misconduct and trafficking with an inmate, Indiana State Police said.
Johnson was assigned to pick up the 37-year-old woman at the Henderson County Jail in Henderson, Kentucky, on Feb. 17 and take her to Knox County to face local charges there, police said. While en route, he allegedly stopped at a gas station and bought the woman tobacco.
When the two entered Knox County, he allegedly pulled off on a rural road assaulted the woman, police said. The woman reported the incident to her attorney, who contacted prosecutors.
Johnson surrendered at the Knox County Jail before being taken to the Pike County Jail, where he was being held on bond.
Knox County Arrests
• Auburn Renee Dillion, 43, of Vincennes, failure to appear; writ of attachment; driving with a suspended license
• Kyle Thomas Hanvey, 32, of Troy, Missouri, probation violation (2 counts)
• Kayla Ann Emswiller, 28, of Brazil, possession of paraphernalia; driving with a suspended license
• Kole F. Tislow, 18, of Vincennes, no driver's license
• Robert Edward Sweeney, 48, of Vincennes, public intoxication