The following information comes from reports provided by the Vincennes Police Department, the Vincennes Fire Department, the Knox County Sheriff’s Department, the Lawrence County, Illinois, Sheriff’s Department, the Washington City Police Department or the Daviess County Sheriff’s Department as well as The Associated Press. Charges not involving warrants are preliminary and may be changed before formal filing by a prosecutor.
Local woman killed at covered bridge festival
A Vincennes woman was struck and killed by a vehicle Saturday morning while shopping with vendors on route to the Parke County Covered Bridge Festival.
Donnetta F. Pummel, 41, was struck by a vehicle along northbound U.S. 41 in northern Vigo County, police say, while visiting vendors set up as part of the festival.
Pummel was taken to Terre Haute Regional Hospital where died of her injuries.
The incident occurred just after 8:30 a.m. north of North Pines Trailer Court.
According to the Terre Haute Tribune Star, both the driver of the vehicle and a witness said Pummel walked in front of the oncoming vehicle. No criminal charges are expected to be filed.
Hundreds of pop-up vendor booths with crafts, food and flea market items are a common site along area highways and county roads during the annual covered bridge festival.
Services for Pummel will be noon CDT today at the Calvary Apostolic Church in Lawrenceville, Illinois. Visittaion will be 9 a.m. CDT until the hour of services at the church.
Knox County Arrests
• Tony Landis Gardner, 49, of Decker, probation violation (2 counts); residnetial entry' possession of paraphernalia; out-of-county warrant
• Brian Scott Bye, 41, of Vincennes, theft; diving with a suspended license
• Cory Addam Ridgley, 38, of Washingtn, failure to appear
• Curtis Williams, 49, of Bicknell, failure to register as a sex offender
• Destiny Darlene Riggs, 23, of Chicago, failure to appear