Arthur L. Braid
Arthur L. Braid
Arthur L. “Art” Braid, 61, of Fort Branch, passed away on Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2019 at home.
Arthur was born on Nov. 28, 1957 in Chicago to David Braid Sr. and Kathleen (Morrison) Kros. Arthur served in the U.S. Army. He loved spending time with his family. He had a special place in his heart for his animals, two dogs Lolli and Isabella and a cat named Sebastian. Arthur loved to spend time on the beach.
He is survived by his wife, Natalie (Storey) Braid, who he married on July 17, 1993; two sons, Bruce Gusler and his wife, Meg, of Sellersburg, and Joshua Kros of Richmond; a daughter, April Braid of Charleston, Illinois; three grandchildren Zelda Gusler, Summer Rowiniski and Michael Rowiniski; nieces and nephews Brandon Waller, Alyxx Flusche, Ty Herring, Mackenzie Cassada, Jack Wolf and Charli Hardig; sisters-in-law Michelle Herring and her husband, Rob, and Nicole Wolf; and all of his beloved extended family of aunts and uncles and cousins.
He is preceded in death by his parents.
Funeral services will be at noon on Monday at Ed Lee Mortuary Downtown Chapel in Washington with Yvonne Evans officiating. Visitation will be10 a,.m. Until the hour of services on Monday at the funeral home. on Monday. Burial will follow at St John Cemetery.
Condolences may be sent to the family online at www.edleemortuary.com. Arrangements were entrusted to Ed Lee Mortuary.
Davis, Burnell R., died Nov. 20. Visitation: 5-7 p.m. on Sunday at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Memorials: YMCA of Vincennes or Vincennes Masonic Lodge No.
Holscher, Rita Marie, died Nov. 17. Services: 10 a.m. today at St. John’s Catholic Church, 803 Main St. Burial: St. Vincent Cemetery. Memorials: Good Samaritan Hospice.
Klueh, Wilma M., died Nov. 20. Services: 10 a.m. on Monday at St. John Catholic Church, 803 Main St. Burial: Mount Calvary Catholic Cemetery. Visitation: 3-5 p.m. on Sunday at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Condolences: www.goodwinfamilyfh.com.
Rowe, Rheta Sue, died Nov. 20. Services: 10 a.m. on Monday at Walnut Grove United Methodist Church in Monroe City. Visitation: 3-7 p.m. on Sunday at the church. Memorials: South Knox Future Farmers of America or the Walnut Grove Cemetery.
Steckler, Leonard F., died Nov. 15. Services: 10:30 a.m. today at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Memorials: National Parkinson’s Foundation, the Knox County Relay For Life, and the Salvation Army of Vincennes.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at email@example.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.