Flummerfelt, Joseph, died March 1. Services: 11 a.m. on May 3 at St Paul’s Episcopal Church in Indianapolis. Memorials: University of Illinois School of Music Advancement, 1114 W. Nevada St., Urbana, IL 61801 for “Joseph R Flummerfelt Graduate Choral Music Fund,” or DePauw University, Robert G. Bottoms Alumni and Development Center, 201 E Seminary St., Greencastle, IN 46135, for the “Joseph Flummerfelt Endowed Music Scholarship.”
Foster, Phyllis Ann, died April 10. Services: 1 p.m. today at the Free Methodist Church, Petersburg. Burial: Ashby Cemetery. Visitation: 11 a.m. until the hour of services today at the church. Memorials: St. Jude Children's Hospital at www.Stjude.org.
Gress, Karen Sue, died April 8. Services: 10 a.m. CDT today at Colvin Funeral Home, Princeton.Burial: Columbia White Church Cemetery. Memorials: Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Suite 300, 2600 Network Blvd., Frisco, TX 75034. Condolences: www.colvinfuneralhome.com.
LaBounty, Todd J., died April 9. Services: 10:30 a.m. CDT today at the Lawrenceville (Ill.) City Cemetery. Memorials: Lawrence County Humane Society. Condolences: www.emmonsmaceysteffey.com.
Melvin, Debara S., died April 9. Services: 10 a.m. on Monday at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial: Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation: 2-5 p.m. on Sunday at the funeral home. Memorials: Good Samaritan Hospice. Condolences: www.goodwinfamilyfh.com.
Stremming, Carol, died April 5. Services: 10 a.m. today at the Word of Life Church in Bicknell. Burial: Salem United Church of Christ Cemetery in Westphalia. Visitation: 9 a.m. until the hour of services today at the church. Memorials: Good Samaritan Hospice. Condolences: www.fredrickandson.com.
Walters, Jeanne, died April 7. Services: 11 a.m. CDT on Monday at the Cunningham Funeral Home, Bridgeport, Illinois. Burial: Cresthaven Memorial Park Cemetery near Claremont, Illinois. Visitation: 10 a.m. CDT un til the hour of services on Monday at the funeral home. Condolences: www.cunninghamfuneralhomes.com.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at email@example.com.