Kenneth Lee Brinegar
Kenneth Lee Brinegar
Kenneth Lee Brinegar, 84, of Vincennes, passed away on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019 at his residence.
Kenny was born on Aug. 8, 1935 in Martin County to Joseph and Ilene Brinegar. He graduated from Shawswick High School in 1954. On Nov. 24, 1954, he married his high school sweetheart and love of his life, Frankie Sue Johnson, who preceded him in death. Kenny was employed with Texas Gas and retired before taking up another career as a licensed plumber with Vincennes University, from where he also retired. After the death of his wife in 2010, he remarried in 2014 to Carol Howerton. He spent most of his weekends working around the house and his well-kept yard. He also enjoyed watching sports and the local news. He loved spending time with his children and grandchildren whenever he could.
Kenny is survived by his wife, Carol Howerton Brinegar; his four sons and their spouses, Ken and Lisa Brinegar of Alpharetta, Georgia, Karl and Leah Brinegar of Bedford, Kevin and JoEllen Brinegar of Bedford, Kurt and Tracy Brinegar of Terre Haute; 10 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and his siblings, Carole Baker and Larry Brinegar, both of Bedford.
In addition to his first wife, Frankie Sue, Kenny was preceded in death by a brother, Donnie Brinegar.
Graveside services will be 1 p.m. on Friday at Clover Hill Cemetery in Harrodsburg.
Carter, Michael, died Dec. 2. Services: 1 p.m. CST today at the Emmons-Macey & Steffey Funeral Home in Lawrenceville, Illinois. Burial: Lawrenceville City Cemetery. Visitation: 11 a.m. CST until the hour of services today at the funeral home. Condolences: www.emmonsmaceysteffey.com.
Deyoe, Doug B., died Dec. 2. Services: 1 p.m. on Thursday at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial: Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation: 11 a.m. until the hour of services on Thursday at the funeral home. Condolences: www.goodwinfamilyfh.com
Jordan, Norma Louise, died Nov. 24. Services: 1 p.m. on Dec. 14 at First Baptist Church, 2625 Wabash Ave. Visitation: 2-5 p.m. on Dec. 14 at the church. Memorials: Compassion International.
Turner, Connie Sue, died Nov. 29. Visitation: 4-7 p.m. today at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial: Hamline Chapel Cemetery. Memorials: American Heart Association or the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at email@example.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.