Brenda Bolding, 59, of Vincennes, passed away on Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020, at Prairie Village in Washington.
Brenda was a 1979 graduate of Lincoln High School and a member of St. John Catholic Church. She had worked at Target while living in Garland, Texas.
Surviving are her brother, Michael Longest, of Longmont, Colorado, and her friends from the Class of 1979.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be 10:30 a.m. on Friday at St. John Catholic Church, 803 Main St. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery. Friends may visit from 9:30 a.m. until the hour of services on Friday at the church. Goodwin-Sievers Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St., is assisting with the arrangements.
Online condolences may be sent through www.goodwinfamilyfh.com.
Bale, Lillian Murray, died Feb. 2. Services: 1 p.m. CST on Saturday at the IOOF Memorial Cemetery in Sullivan, Missouri. Memorials: Lawrence County (Ill.) Humane Society or Good Samaritan Hospice. Condolences: www.emmonsmaceysteffey.com.
Born, Myrna Gray, died Jan. 20. Services: 9:30 a.m. on Saturday at United Methodist Church in Mount Clemens, Michigan. Burial: Clinton Grove Cemetery. Memorials: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation or the Alzheimer’s Association.
Clark, Irene, died Feb. 2. Services: 2 p.m. today at Goodwin-Sievers Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial: Walnut Grove Cemetery, Monroe City. Visitation: 11 a.m. until the hour of services today at the funeral home. Memorials: Blue Jeans Center or the Monroe City Church of God.
Lett, Laura S., died Jan. 31. Services: 8 p.m. today at Duesterberg-Fredrick Wampler Shaw Chapel in Bicknell. Visitation: 5 p.m. until the hour of services today at the funeral home. Condolences: www.duesterbergfredrick.com.
Like, Jerry, died Feb. 2. Services: 1 p.m. on Saturday at Goodwin-Sievers Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Visitation: 4-7 p.m. CST today at the New Jerusalem United Methodist Church in Elberfeld, and 5-8 p.m. on Friday at the funeral home. Memorials: Blue Jeans Community Center, Chemo Buddies or the charity of your choice.Moore, Athena D., died Jan. 31. Services: 2 p.m. on Friday at Goodwin-Sievers Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Visitation: noon until the hour of services on Friday at the funeral home.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at email@example.com.