Eldina Benedict, Herman D. Smith
Eldina (Keasling) Benedict, 89, of Vincennes, died on Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
She was a homemaker.
Survivors include her daughter, Carole Albrecht; a son, Buddy Benedict; and a brother, Thomas Keasling.
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. on Tuesday at Bethel Church in Freelandville. Burial will be at Bicknell Memorial Gardens Cemetery. Visitation will be 10 a.m. on Tuesday until the hour of services at the church. Memorial contributions to the Bethel Church. Arrangements have been entrusted to Fredrick and Son McClure-Utt Funeral Homes, Bicknell Chapel.
Online condolences may be made at www.fredrickandson.com.
Herman D. Smith
Herman D. Smith, 78, of Vincennes, passed away on Thursday, May 21, 2020, at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville.
Born June 2, 1941, in Vincennes, he was the son of Herman and Beulah (Hawkins) Smith. Herman had worked in route sales for many years. He was a U.S. Army veteran. Herman attended church services with his wife Rita, at the Salvation Army.
Surviving are his wife, Rita Smith, who he married April 27, 1964; his children, Dale Wayne Smith and his wife, Charla, of Decker, Robin Smith-Chaplin and her husband, Gerald, of Olney, Illinois, Kris Smith-Todd and her husband, Curt, of Evansville, Bradley Smith and his companion, Lee Helderman, of Evansville, Keith Smith of Atlanta, and Bobby Smith-Corrie and her husband, Clyde, of Vincennes; a sister, Shirley Ryan of Vincennes; his grandchildren, Adam Chaplin, Josh Smith, Amber Steimel, Jeffrey Johnson, Wesley Corrie, Justin Smith, Destiny Morrison, Matthew Todd, Caleb Smith, Hannah Smith, Gavin Smith, Amber Berkshire, and Ashleigh Rodgers; and 10 great-grandchildren.
His parents; his sisters, June Wheatley, Barb Pyle, and Donna Young; and a brother, Bill Smith, preceded him.
Friends may visit with the family from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Tuesday, at the Goodwin-Sievers Funeral Home/Gardner-Brockman Chapel, 505 Main St.. Services following the visitation will be private.
Online condolences may be sent to the family through www.goodwin-sievers.com.
Jones, DeMova Jun, died May 21. Services may be viewed on the Emmons-Macey & Steffey Funeral Home Burial & Cremation Services Facebook page beginning at 11 a.m. CDT today. Drive-thru visitation will be held from 10 a.m. CDT until the hour of services today at the funeral home. Burial: Sumner (Ill.) Cemetery. Memorials: Sumner Senior Citizens Center. Condolences: www.emmonsmaceysteffey.com.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at email@example.com.