Carolyn Barnes, Lois Jean Ealy
Carolyn Barnes, 83, of Vincennes, died on Friday, Aug. 2, 2019.
She was a homemaker and a member of the Bicknell Christian Church.
Survivors include her Ronald L. Barnes; and her daughters, Rhonda L. Huddelston, Barbara E. Myers and Peggy Thompson
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. on Wednesday at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial will be in Sugarland Memory Gardens in Washington. Visitation will be noon until the hour of services on Wednesday at the funeral home. Memorial contributions may be made to Open Arms Children’s Ministry of Switz City.
Online condolences may be made at www.goodwinfamilyfh.com.
Lois Jean Ealy
Lois Jean “Jeannie” Ealy, 74, of Vincennes, passed away at 12:25 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 1, 2019 at GentleCare of Vincennes.
She was born on Sept. 1, 1944 in Vincennes to Marvin and Joyce (Moon) Ealy. Jeannie retired from Good Samaritan Hospital as a clerk and had also worked for H. G. Heinz Inc., and Brown Shoe Factory. Jennie was a member of the First Christian Church and she loved her nephews, and great nieces and nephews.
Surviving are her sister, Susan L. Davis of Franklin; her nephews, Levi Davis and his wife, Linsey, of Franklin, Seth Davis and his wife, Chrislyn, of Indianapolis, and Micah Davis and his wife, Ashley, of Franklin; and several great-nieces and -nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Graveside services will be 1 p.m. on Saturday at Memorial Park Cemetery with Rev. Peter Haskins and Rev. Bill Pieper officiating. Goodwin Funeral Home is honored to serve the family of Lois Jean Ealy
McCrary, Thomas Oren Sr., died July 31. Services: 11 a.m. today at Fredrick and Son McClure-Utt Funeral Home, Bruceville Chapel. Memorials: Bruceville United Methodist Church. Condolences: www.fredrickandson.com.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at email@example.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.