Crewell, Jacob H. Jr., died May 18. Services: 1 p.m. CDT on Saturday at First United Methodist Church. Memorials: VA STL Health Care Services, One Jefferson Barracks Dr., 135 JB, St. Louis, MO, 63125. Write Jacob H. Crewell HBPC in memo line.
Doll, Lois Ann, died July 6. Services: 10 a.m. on Saturday at Fredrick and Son McClure-Utt Funeral Home, Vincennes Chapel, 313 Church St. Burial: Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation: 4-7 p.m. on Friday at the funeral home. Condolences: www.fredrickandson.com
Hawkins, Clifford C. Jr., died July 7. Services: 2 p.m. CDT today at Emmons-Macey & Steffey Funeral Home, Lawrenceville, Illinois. Burial: Lawrenceville City Cemetery. Visitation: 1 p.m. CDT until the hour of services today at the funeral home. Memorials: American Heart Association. Condolences: www.emmonsmaceysteffey.com.
Rose, Virgil Jefferson, died July 5. Services: 10 a.m. MDT today at Louisville Cemetery, Louisville, Colorado. Memorials: Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine general scholarship fund, A.T. Still University, University Advancement, 800 W. Jefferson St. Kirksville, MO 63501.
Siebe, Rebecca, died July 8. Services: 10 a.m. today at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 2004 N. Second St. Burial: Mount Calvary Cemetery. Memorials: Vincennes Animal Shelter. Condolences: www.duesterbergfredrick.com.
Todd, Betty Jo, died June 5. Services: 1 p.m. on Saturday at St. Peter Lutheran Church Cemetery. Visitation: 11 a.m. until the hour of services at the St. Peter Lutheran Church.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at email@example.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.