Rita June Taylor, Lisa Marie Wallace
Rita June Taylor
Rita June Taylor, 90, of Vincennes, passed away on Tuesday May 12, 2020 at her residence with her family at her bedside.
Rita was born on June 28, 1929 in Vincennes, the daughter of Ernest and Lottie Brown Alton. She graduated from Lincoln High School and worked at Brown Shoe Company and retired from Hamilton Glass. She married Doyle Taylor who preceded her in death. She was a member of the VFW and she enjoyed dancing whenever she could. She had an extraordinary dedication to her family and friends. She was always positive in any situation and enjoyed life.
Rita is survived by her son, Brian Alton of San Antonio, Texas; her grandchildren, Nicholas Alton and Cori Alton; her sister, Betty Halter of Vincennes; her sister-in-law, Shirley Alton of Shelbyville; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Doyle Taylor; a grandson, Alexander Thesing Alton; her parents, Ernest and Lottie Alton; her brothers, Charles Alton and John Alton; and her sisters, Jane Klacking, Ann Houck, Mary Dile and Marjorie Shots.
A Celebration of her Life will be held on Friday at 1 p.m. in Mount Calvary Cemetery, where she will be laid to rest next to her husband. The family asks that contributions in her memory to be sent to Good Samaritan Hospice in care of the Good Samaritan Hospital. Duesterberg-Fredrick is honored to assist Rita’s family during their time of loss.
Online condolences can be made at www.duesterbergfredrick.com.
Lisa Marie Wallace
Lisa Marie Wallace, 54, of Sandborn, died on Tuesday, May 12, 2020.
Survivors include her husband, Craig Wallace; children Jeremy and Caitlin Hall; a step-son, Matt Wallace; and her sister, Candi Stewart.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic services will be private at the Fredrick and Son McClure-Utt Funeral Homes, Bicknell Chapel. Floral deliveries may be made to the funeral home on Friday morning. Burial will be in the Edwardsport Town Cemetery.
Online condolences may be made at www.fredrickandson.com.
Baum, Donna Lee, died March 19. A memorial service will be Saturday at 1:30 p.m. at Indiana Presbyterian Church, 431 S. Lower Indiana Road. Memorials: Knox County Community Foundation’s “Cantwell Family Fund,” 20 N. Third St., Vincennes, IN 47591.
Hamilton, Edward Eugene Sr., died May 10. Private funeral services will be today at Glasser Funeral Home in Bridgeport, Illinois. Burial: Christy Township Cemetery in Sumner, Illinois. Condolences: www.glasserfh.com.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at email@example.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.