Steven E. Decker, 74, of Vincennes, passed away on Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2020, at the Good Samaritan Hospital with his family at his bedside. Arrangements are pending at the Duesterberg-Fredrick Funeral Home.
Brown, Helen M. Jean, died Jan. 10. Services: 1 p.m. today at the Duesterberg-Fredrick Wampler Shaw Chapel in Bicknell. Burial: Asbury Chapel Cemetery. Visitation: 11:30 a.m. until the hour of services today at the funeral home.
Cavanaugh, Barbara Ann, died Nov. 7, 2019. Services: 2-5 p.m. on Jan. 25 at The Harmony Society, 111 N. Second St.
Duesterberg, Virginia L., died Dec. 24. Services: 10 a.m. on Jan. 25 at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 803 Main St. Burial: Mount Calvary Cemetery. Visitation: 4-7 p.m. on Jan. 24 at Duesterberg-Fredrick Funeral Home, 521 Vigo St. Memorials: Christian Education Foundation, 229 Church St., Vincennes, IN 47591; the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Rocky Mountain Chapter, Suite 810, 400 S. Colorado Blvd., Denver, CO 80246; or the Daniel J. Duesterberg Scholarship Fund, in care of the Department of Economics, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405.
Hedge, Mildred L., died Jan. 11. Services: 10 a.m. today at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial: Memorial Park Cemetery. Memorials: Hi-Way Church of God.
Hughes, Rodger Wayne, died Jan. 11. Services: 1 p.m. CST on Thursday at the Hi-Way Church of God. Burial: Petty Cemetery. Visitation: 11 a.m. CST until the hour of services on Thursday at the church. Condolences: www.emmonsmaceysteffey.com
McFarland, Walter II, died Dec. 15. Services: 1 p.m. on Saturday at Gardner-Brockman Funeral Home, 505 Main St. Visitation: 11 a.m. until the hour of services on Jan. 18 at the funeral home.
Stephen, Anne Marie, died Jan. 11. Services: 11 a.m. today at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church in Washington. Burial: St. John Cemetery. Visitation: 10 a.m.until the hour of services today at the church. Memorials: Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church.
Twitty, Ronald D., died Jan. 10. Services: 2 p.m. today at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial: Memorial Park Cemetery.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at email@example.com.