Garry D. Harris I, Frank L. Steele
Garry D. Harris I
Garry D. Harris I, 79, of Lawrenceville, Illinois, died on Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019.
He was a carpenter.
Survivors include his children: Garry D. Harris II, Michael Harris, Sarah Ardelean, Gregory Harris, Jill Harris, Timothy Harris, Garry Downing, Matthew Harris, Jeffrey Harris, Eric Harris, Tracy Harris and Lynette Harris; one brother, Larry Harris; and one sister, Georgia Sears.
His final wishes were to be cremated. Emmons-Macey & Steffey Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.emmonsmaceysteffey.com.
Frank L. Steele
Frank L. “Pug” Steele, 79, of Vincennes, passed away at his home on Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2019, after a lengthy illness.
Frank was born on May 15, 1940 in Petersburg to Wendell L. and Mary Blackburn Steele. The family relocated to Oakland County, Michigan, when Frank was small. After high school Frank joined the U.S. Navy Seabees and was stationed in Agana, Guam and Adak, Alaska. After leaving the service he used the skills learned as a Seabee to become an excellent carpenter. He was an avid outdoors-man and enjoyed hunting, fishing, trapping and photography. Frank spent the last half of his life in Knox County and was a member of the American Legion.
He is survived by his sister, Sandy Bowers and her husband, Jim; his niece, Teresa Ferguson and her husband, Joel; and his grand-nephew Rex Ferguson, all of Wingo, Kentucky; and his dearest friend, Norma Rogers of Vincennes.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
No services will be held at his request. Goodwin Funeral Home is honored to assist Frank’s family with arrangements.
Bertha Marie Barmes, 74, of Vincennes, passed away on Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019. Services are pending with Fredrick & Son McClure-Utt Funeral Homes, Vincennes Chapel.
Cardinal, Nan Parker, died July 23. Services: 11 a.m. on Saturday at Goodwin Family Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St., and 1 p.m. on Sunday at Worthington Cemetery in Worthington. Visitation: 10-11 a.m. on Saturday at the funeral home.
Hill, Howard A., died Sept. 28. Services: noon on Saturday at Duesterberg-Fredrick Funeral Home, 521 Vigo St. Visitation: 11 a.m. until the hour of services on Saturday at the funeral home. Memorials: Knox County Humane Society. Condolences: www.duesterbergfredrick.com.
Thomas, Marjorie Lucille, died Sept. 29. Services: 11 a.m. today at Northside Community United Methodist Church. Burial: Roselawn Memorial Park. Memorials: The WILL Center, 1 Dreiser Square, Terre Haute, IN 47807. Condolences: www.fitzpatrickfunerals.com.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at email@example.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.