William J. Worland
William J. Worland
William J. “Bill” Worland, 61, of Bruceville, died at 8:50 a.m. on Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
He was a heavy equipment mechanic for Robinson Construction.
Survivors include his children, Roxie Pelham, Norma “Janie” Worland, and Nikki Rogers; his wife, Jane Worland; his father, Olan Worland; his sister, Debbie Worland; and his brothers, Lloyd Worland and Jeff Worland.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. on Saturday at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial will be in the St. Thomas Cemetery. Visitation will be 4-8 p.m. on Friday at the funeral home.
Linda Grover Holscher of Vincennes passed away on Thursday, April 25, 2019. Arrangements are pending.
Wesley R. Tumey, 73, of Vincennes, passed away on Sunday, April 28, 2019. Arrangements are pending at the Duesterberg-Fredrick Funeral Home.
Charles Richard “Dick” Waggoner, 80, of Lawrenceville, Illinois, passed away on Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Arrangements are pending at the Emmons-Macey & Steffey Funeral Home.
Flummerfelt, Joseph, died March 1. Services: 11 a.m. on Friday at St Paul’s Episcopal Church in Indianapolis. Memorials: University of Illinois School of Music Advancement, 1114 W. Nevada St., Urbana, IL 61801 for “Joseph R Flummerfelt Graduate Choral Music Fund,” or DePauw University, Robert G. Bottoms Alumni and Development Center, 201 E Seminary St., Greencastle, IN 46135, for the “Joseph Flummerfelt Endowed Music Scholarship.”
Hendricks, Ruth, died April 30. Services: 10:30 a.m. on Friday at Ridgecrest Baptist Church. Burial: Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation will be 5-8 p.m. today at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Memorials: Ridgecrest Baptist Church.
Hoops, Annetta Kay, died April 28. Visitation: noon to 2 p.m. on Friday at Murphy-Parks Funeral Services, Shelbyville. Burial: Whispering Hope Memorial Gardens. Memorials: Camp Cocker at https://donorbox.org. Condolences: www.murphyparks.com.
Salter, Joe A., died April 25. Services: 11 a.m. today at St. Philip Neri Catholic Church, Bicknell. Memorials: Gary Sinise Foundation or the St. Philip Neri Catholic Church. Condolences: www.duesterbergfredrick.com.
Swain, Joseph Franklin, died April 28. Services: 10:30 a.m. on Saturday in Blue River Wesleyan Church, Arlington. Burial: Blue River Wesleyan Cemetery. Visitation: 4-8 p.m. on Friday at the Moster Mortuary in Rushville. Memorials: Blue River Wesleyan Church or Rushville Gideons.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at email@example.com.