B. Marie Barmes
B. Marie Barmes
B. Marie Barmes, 74, of Vincennes, passed away on Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019 at Good Samaritan Hospital.
She was born Sept. 2, 1945, in White County, the daughter of Clarence and Kathryn (Harrell) Morris. She married Morris Barmes on Saturday, June 8, 1974 in Vincennes. She worked as a floor manager for Beards hardware for over 20 years.
She is survived by her spouse Morris Barmes of Vincennes; her children, Daniel Barmes of Lawrenceville, Illinois, Timothy Barmes of Lawrenceville, Shelia Southerlin of Newburgh, Matt Barmes of Sacramento, California, Morris Barmes. Jr of Vincennes, Rick Barmes of Vincennes and Brenda Vories of Monroe City; several grandchildren; and one sister, Georgetta Chattin of Freelandville.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a daughter, Mechal Cruz.
Funeral services will be noon on Monday at Fredrick and Son McCure-Utt Funeral Homes, Vincennes Chapel, 313 Church St., with Jay Howder officiating. She will be laid to rest at Memorial Park Cemetery mausoleum. Friends and family may visit from 10 a.m. until the hour of services on Monday at the funeral home.
Friends may leave online condolences to the family at www.fredrickandson.com.
Bertha Marie Barmes, 74, of Vincennes, passed away on Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019. Services are pending with Fredrick & Son McClure-Utt Funeral Homes, Vincennes Chapel.
Joetta L. McGiffen Garrard, 76, of Evansville, passed away on Friday, Oct. 4, 2019 with her family at her bedside. Arrangements are pending at Duesterberg-Fredrick Funeral Home.
Cardinal, Nan Parker, died July 23. Services: 11 a.m. today at Goodwin Family Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St., and 1 p.m. on Sunday at Worthington Cemetery in Worthington. Visitation: 10-11 a.m. on Saturday at the funeral home.
Hill, Howard A., died Sept. 28. Services: noon today at Duesterberg-Fredrick Funeral Home, 521 Vigo St. Visitation: 11 a.m. until the hour of services today at the funeral home. Memorials: Knox County Humane Society. Condolences: www.duesterbergfredrick.com.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at email@example.com.