Nancy J. Bailey
Nancy J. Bailey
Nancy J. Bailey, 73, of Vincennes, died at 6:10 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2019.
She had worked as a home-health aide.
Survivors include her children, Larry Joe Hyslop, Mary Shannon Allen, and Tina Renee Palmer.
Private services were held through the Gardner-Brockman Funeral Home.
Beard, Mary E., died Sept. 1. Services: 4 p.m. CDT today at Browning Funeral Home in Evansville. Visitation: 1 p.m. CDT until the hour of services today at the funeral home. Memorials: Suite 114, 6415 Castleway W. Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46250 or Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, Suite 7000, 2141 Rosecrans Ave., El Segundo, CA 90245. Condolences: www.browningfuneral.com.
Bogard, Herb III, died Sept. 4. Services: 4 p.m. today at Goodwin Funeral Home, 425 Broadway St. Burial: Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation: 2-4 p.m. today at the funeral home.
Bootman, Erica Jo, died Aug. 31. Services: 1 p.m. CDT today at the Emmons-Macey & Steffey Funeral Home in Lawrenceville, Illinois. Visitation: 10 a.m. CDT until the hour of services today at the funeral home. Memorials: Lawrence County Humane Society, P.O. Box 564, Lawrenceville, IL 62439. Condolences: www.emmonsmaceysteffey.com.
Downen, M. Lloyd, died on Sept. 2. Services: 2 p.m. on Sunday at Second Presbyterian Church in Knoxville, Tennessee. Burial: Highland Memorial Cemetery. Memorials: Second Presbyterian Church, 2829 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37919, or the Tennessee 4-H Foundation, 621 Morgan Circle, Knoxville, TN 37996. Condolences: www.rosemortuary.com.
Jones, Roberta Glenn Miller, died Aug. 6. Services: 3 p.m. on Saturday at Oaktown Morris Chapel United Methodist Church.
Kahre, Frank Carl, died Sept. 4. Services: 10 a.m. on Monday at St. John’s Catholic Church, 803 Main St. Burial: St. Vincent Cemetery. Visitation: 4-7 p.m. on Sunday at Fredrick and Son McClure-Utt, Vincennes Chapel, 313 Church St. Memorials: Gibault Home for Boys, 6401 S. US 41 Terre Haute, IN 47802. Condolences: www.fredrickandson.com.
Thompson, Lowell, died Sept. 1. Services: noon today at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Visitation: 10 a.m. until the hour of services today at the funeral home. Memorials: First Christian Church of Vincennes or St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at email@example.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.