Steven R. Koenig
Steven R. Koenig
Steven R. Koenig 72, of Freelandville, died on Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020.
He had worked at the Naval Surface Warfare Cenbter, Crane Division, and was a U.S. Army veteran of the Vietnam War.
Survivors include his wife, Diana Jean Koenig; his children, Melissa Koenig, Steven G. Koenig, Amber Roark, Max Koenig and Jason Koenig; and his foster siblings, Ralph Alford, Shenna Cobb, Dana Rybicki.
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. on Saturday at Fredrick and Son McClure-UttFuneral Home, Bicknell Chapel. Burial will be in Bethel Cemetery. Visitation will be 11 a.m. until the hour of services on Saturday at the funeral home.
Online condolences may be made at www.fredrickandson.com.
Cavanaugh, Barbara Ann, died Nov. 7, 2019. Services: 2-5 p.m. on Saturday at The Harmony Society, 111 N. Second St..
Duesterberg, Virginia L., died Dec. 24. Services: 10 a.m. on Saturday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 803 Main St. Burial: Mount Calvary Cemetery. Visitation: 4-7 p.m. today at Duesterberg-Fredrick Funeral Home, 521 Vigo St. Memorials: Christian Education Foundation, 229 Church St., Vincennes, IN 47591; the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Rocky Mountain Chapter, Suite 810, 400 S. Colorado Blvd., Denver, CO 80246; or the Daniel J. Duesterberg Scholarship Fund, in care of the Department of Economics, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405.
Houck, Daniel Sr., died Jan. 15. Services: 1 p.m. CST on Saturday at the Emmons Macey Steffey Funeral Home in Lawrenceville, Illinois. Burial: Price Cemetery in Russellville, Illinois. Visitation: noon CST until the hour of services on Saturday at the funeral home.
Miller, Patricia A., died Jan. 14. Services: 3 p.m. on Saturday at Duesterberg-Fredrick Funeral Home, 521 Vigo St. Memorials: Schnauzer Rescue Group, 1930 King Richard Parkway, Miamisburg, OH 45342. Condolences: www.duesterbergfredrick.com.
Pruitt, Etta Marie, died Jan. 18. Services: 5 p.m. on Sunday at Duesterberg-Fredrick Funeral Home, 521 Vigo St. Visitation: 2 p.m. until the hour of services on Sunday at the funeral home. Memorials: Gentle Care Nursing Facility, 1202 S. 16th St., Vincennes IN 47591.
Small, Mary Jane, died Jan. 20. Services: noon today at Goodwin Funeral Home, 524 Broadway St. Burial: Kirk Chapel Cemetery in Robinson, Illinois. Visitation: 10 a.m. until the hour of services today at the funeral home. Condolences: www.goodwinfamilyfh.com.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at email@example.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.