Tony R. Barnes Sr., Diana Lou Hill
Tony R. Barnes Sr.
Tony R. Barnes Sr., 79, of Summerville, South Carolina, and formerly of Bicknell, died peacefully on Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at his home.
Tony was born on Feb. 19 1940.
He is survived by his younger brother, Tommy L. Barnes of Bicknell; his oldest daughter, Nancy J. Carrillo of Bicknell; his youngest son, Richard A. Barnes of Vincennes; his youngest daughter, Tracee R. Pike of Summerville; his eight grandchildren, Donnie McCrary, Timothy Dreyer, Lena Morgan of Paragould Arkansas, Billy R. Jaques of Paragould, Halee M. Pike of Bicknell, Mykenzie A. Pike of Summerville, Jaden W. Stanley of Summerville, and Brailynn N. Pike of Summerville; and his five great-grandchildren, Collin R. Morgan, Richard J. Morgan, Allison B. Morgan, Thomas A. Morgan, and Mason C. Jaques.
He is preceded in death by his father, LeeRoy Barnes, his mother, Audrey Ray Barnes; and his oldest son Tony R. “TR” Barnes Jr.
Services will be 6 p.m. on Saturday at Abundant New Life Church, 97 N. Monty Road.
Diana Lou Hill
Diana Lou Hill, 68, of Vincennes, died on Monday, May 27, 2019.
She was a social worker and a member of Bruceville Methodist Church.
Survivors include her husband, Michael Hill.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. on Saturday at the Fredrick and Son McClure-Utt Funeral Home, Bruceville Chapel. Visitation will be 4-7 p.m. on Friday at the funeral home. Memorial contributions may be made to Congestive Heart Failure Researchers with the American Heart Association.
Larry D. Edgin, 70, of Vincennes, passed away on the evening of Monday, May 27, 2019. Arrangements are pending at the Duesterberg-Fredrick Funeral Home.
Axson, Beverly, died May 7. Services: 10 a.m. on June 3 at Florida Memorial Gardens in Rockledge, Florida.
Jackson, Jill, died May 23. Services: 11 a.m. on Saturday at the Old Cathedral Catholic Church. Visitation: 10 a.m. until the hour of services on Saturday at the church. Memorials: Good Samaritan Hospice. Condolences: www.duesterbergfredrick.com.
Ostendorf, Denise M., died May 22. Services: 2-4 p.m. on Saturday at the Harmony Society, 111 N. Second St. Memorials: Little Sisters of the Poor at 2345 W. 86th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46260-1905, or www.littlesistersofthepoorindianapolis.org. Condolences: www.duesterbergfredrick.com.
Obituary information should be submitted through a funeral home. An individual may submit an obituary but must pay in advance and provide The Sun-Commercial with a copy of the death certificate of the subject.
A cost estimate can be provided in advance of publication upon request.
The deadline for submitting an obituary for Tuesday through Friday editions is 4 p.m. Eastern time the preceding day. The deadline for Saturday editions will be 5 p.m. on the preceding Friday.
Submit obituaries at email@example.com.
The Sun-Commercial offers both a free and paid obituary option.
Free obituaries are published for current residents of Knox County and Lawrence County, Illinois, and include the following information:
• Name, age, city or town of residence and date of death.
• Occupation or last place of employment if retired.
• Military service.
• Church membership.
• Survivors: Spouse or partner, children, parents, and siblings, with step- and half-relatives included.
• Time, date and location of visitation, funeral and burial.
• One memorial contribution.
• Web site at which online condolences may be made.
• Free obituaries are available only within two weeks of the date of death.
Paid obituaries may contain additional information and can be published for current as well as former residents of the area. Prepayment may be required for obituaries of former residents from outside the area.
Submitted obituaries will be formatted to comply with both The Sun-Commercial and Associated Press publication styles. An example of the formatting is available upon request.
Additional information included in a paid obituary may include:
• A life history such as date and location of birth, parents' names, wedding date and spouse's maiden name, educational attainments (high school, college degrees, etc.), work history, awards and honors received, hobbies and favorite activities, memberships in clubs, organizations and associations, expanded military service record, etc.
• Additional survivors and their spouses, partners or companions (who will be listed as "John Doe and his wife, Jane, of Everytown, Illinois.").
• Those who preceded the subject in death and their cities or towns of residence if desired.
• Notes of thanks or appreciation to caregivers or facilities.
• Additional memorials.
A photo of the deceased may be added for a $10 charge; a second photo of the deceased may be added for an additional $10. The Sun-Commercial reserves the right not to publish photos of poor quality or that are in bad taste.
Obituaries will be uploaded to The Sun-Commercial web site at www.suncommercial.com.
For more information contact Gayle R. Robbins at 812-886-9955, ext. 2449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.