The last regular lodge meeting for Flat Rock Lodge No. 348 was held Sept. 12 in the facility that has housed it for many decades, according to Worshipful Master Steve Menacher. Brethren from Robinson, Newton, Palestine, and St. Francisville, Illinois, were in attendance, along with the regular members of Lodge No. 348.
Our lodge building is simply worn out and must be replaced. Plans are underway to build a new lodge. We have to. Our lodge has a lot going for it, according to Menacher.
Flat Rock Lodge No. 348 has the largest membership in the state of Illinois with a total of 235 brethren. Having fostered numerous projects in its village, one that has served the community well is the building of the shelter in the village park that serves those who participate in Flat Rock homecoming days, along with other charitable activities.
Dating back to 1860 when the lodge was located in Russellville, Illinois, the Flat Rock Lodge No. 348 was chartered on Oct. 11, 1911, after the Russellville lodge decided to merge with the new lodge in Flat Rock, according to Menacher. An Eastern Star chapter was added in 1922.
For the time being while funds are being raised, the lodge will be meeting at the Flat Rock American Legion post the second and fourth Tuesdays of every month.
The lodge is accepting financial support for the New Flat Rock No. 348 Building Fund. For more information email email@example.com.